Skip to main content

Plesk: Overriding apache config

For PHP safe_mode you can do that through the control panel but not for open_basedir. You can create a file called vhosts.conf under conf directory in your domain root. This link explain it better.

The important thing is the command:-

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -u --vhost-name=<DOMAIN.TLD>

which would rebuild the apache config and add an Include directive to include the file we have just created. For subdomains, we need to create the vhost.conf under that subdomain conf directory and then run:-

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -a -v

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=78897

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PHP with docker

A friend asking about a PHP library and I decided to test whether that library is working. But I don't have PHP environment setup (we're Python shop btw). But thanks to docker, that's easy these days. docker run -it --tty --rm --volume $PWD:/app --user $(id -u):$(id -g) composer require google/apiclient:^2.0 Then we just need to create the script to run, still in the same directory:- include_once __DIR__ . '/vendor/autoload.php'; $GCSE_API_KEY = "nqwkoigrhe893utnih_gibberish_q2ihrgu9qjnr"; $GCSE_SEARCH_ENGINE_ID = "937592689593725455:msi299dkne4de"; $client = new Google_Client(); $client->setApplicationName("My_App"); $client->setDeveloperKey($GCSE_API_KEY); $service = new Google_Service_Customsearch($client); $optParams = array("cx"=>self::GCSE_SEARCH_ENGINE_ID); $results = $service->cse->listCse("lol cats", $optParams); And we can run that script again using docker:- docker run -it --...

The first step in learning new programming language

Is to prepare the basic environment where you can freely try and experiment with the new language features and tools. Maybe because I'm not programmer type person, but more as tinkerer/builder, I hate learning the language syntax and stuff. For years after I started "learning" Python, I can't barely write any Python code. But I have manage to try lot of Python cool apps because I have that environment for me to experiment with all Python based applications. All these cool apps that get me hooked to the language, not the syntax or whatever language features. And in my experiences, this is one reason why people failed to get hooked on the new language they want to learn. They started learning with some of the language syntax and eventually get bored, because not so much interesting stuff there. In whatever programming language, it's the ecosystem that made it lively, and where the real work happened. Early this year, I made it a point to learn Go programmin...

AI coding tools fragmentation

Executive Summary The discussion centers on a tweet by DHH (David Heinemeier Hansson) from January 10, 2026 , arguing against the fragmentation of AI coding tools. DHH contends that developers do not want a separate CLI for every model provider (e.g., Anthropic’s Claude Code, OpenAI’s tools). Instead, he advocates for a unified interface —specifically citing OpenCode —that allows developers to swap models within a single environment. The thread reveals a three-way tension in the developer community between convenience (unified tools), corporate control (walled gardens), and sovereignty (running local models). Key Discussion Themes 1. The Fatigue of Fragmentation The Problem: Developers are exhausted by "model choice fatigue" and the need to manage multiple CLIs. As Rob Zolkos noted, the fragmentation is absurd, leading some to write scripts just to manage their AI CLIs. The Desire: There is a strong consensus (DHH, Will McGugan, Mustafa Ergisi) that a "universal s...